What an even better life it will be if we all walked not only in a stylish pair of shoes but also with a
footwear which helps make our feet stay healthier and comfy at all times? Nowadays, people do not only choose support sandals over ordinary footwear because they are told to by their doctors. Others do so because they simply want to and they acknowledge the benefits and comfort that a pair of healthy sandals can give them vis-a-vis the ordinary ones.
In this article, we will share with you the benefits that you can get from choosing the
right orthopedic sandals. An orthopedic sandals is a type of support sandals which is best for people who suffer from foot pain injury and deformity. This footwear are medical devices which may be prescribed by your podiatrist or doctor. Wearing one allows you to preserve healthy feet for the years to come. It comes with a wide range of benefits which include:
1. Alignment – Orthopedic footwear can help you in aligning the joints of your feet most especially when you play sports or exercise.
2. Cushioning – Having your feet properly cushioned from external forces when you walk, run or jump can help you lessen symptoms from inflammatory foot conditions and arthritis.
3. Gait -A pair of orthopedic sandals can help improve your gait. Having an improved gait can result to lesser wear-and-tear injuries like calluses and blisters.
4. Protection – Wearing a good pair of orthopedic sandals protects the joints of your feet. It also keeps your hips and knees secured since you are able to position your body well whenever you walk.
5. Support – Of course, they can give you the right support for your arch which reduces the risks of tendinitis and fasciitis.
6. Better performance – Some athletes experience an improvement in their athletic performance since support sandals help increase the range of motion as well as flexibility of your foot.
Finding the right pair of orthopedic sandals that properly supports your feet may not be an easy task for some. However, for the benefit that it offers, we bet you would want to do everything you can just to get hold of the best pair. Most ordinary sandals – with their thin and flat soles – do not really make a good support shoe when it comes to supporting your Achilles tendon, arch, toes and your heels. The situation is even worse for those who have had a history of foot injury or deformity. For instance, those who suffer from heel pain (plantar fasciitis) need a footwear which supports the arch and slightly lifts the heel. Furthermore, people who have had injuries of the Achilles tendon are advised to wear a pair of footwear with an elevated heel since wearing ordinary sandals for a long period of time may stretch out the Achilles tendon. Those with high arches or flat feet are also among the vulnerable group and should therefore consider wearing support sandals instead of the ordinary ones. If you happen to be among the above categories, look for strap-on sandals with a good arch support.